So what does “wellness” really mean?
Look in the dictionary and you’ll find something like this:
“The state of being in good health, especially as an actively sought goal”
– that sounds like work, no?
Achieving wellness shouldn’t feel like work, it should come naturally – but for so many of us it doesn’t. We just don’t know where to start and how to make it work, and with all the diet news, media and food advertising out there, it can be overwhelming!
I created 5 bites to wellness to help you get started on how to navigate through our modern day life & food world so that you can find your path to wellness. It does require some changes, but change is good, and good for you, and before you know it your changes will become your new normal, your new comfort. I want to show you how to make the first step to better health and the first bite – because this is 5 Bites to Wellness!
This is what wellness means to me:
- feeding your body the nutrients it craves – not just the calories it needs to survive.
- finding and doing physical activity that works for your body, your age, your lifestyle.
- having a balance of work and life, busy and calm, body and mind.
- being true to yourself, not what others think you should be.
- making time for friendships, family, your spouse/partner, and YOURSELF.